PDA

View Full Version : Oceano Beach BSP

Gman
02-05-2014, 10:45 AM
I went out and had a great time fishing oceano beach until the rain cut my day short (which I didn't mind because we needed it badly). High tide was at 11:23am, I showed up at 8:00am and fished until it started raining hard enough to make me want to quit around 11:45am. I caught around 15 BSP, biggest one being about 2lbs. All were caught on the 6'' gulp camo sandworms cut in half and motor oil red flk grubs (both Carolina rigged). I also tried out the lucky craft flash minnow 110 for the first time but didn't have any luck, I think mainly because I got impatient and didn't give it much of a chance. No pigs were caught this time so I didn't take any pics, hopefully next week ill have a reason to.

PlasticMan
02-06-2014, 08:53 AM
Gman!

Way to rock the BSP's ..2lb's is nothing to shake a rod at.

Thanks for the post. Are you close to Oceano/Pismo? We have a specific beach forum below just for that as well if you are a "Local" and would like to own that turf.

Appreciate the report and can't wait to see what size you consider Slabs!

Plasticman

Gman
02-06-2014, 11:22 AM
When I say "about 2lbs" I mean give or take a pound lol I'm just kidding. I was unprepared when I caught that guy or else I would've taken a pic. I live closer to Guadalupe and Osoflaco beach but those areas get pretty rough so Id rather make the 30 min drive to the calmer and more productive Oceano beach. Ill definitely keep posting reports on Oceano.

crabman
02-06-2014, 06:22 PM
15 fish is a great day! :)

tetzilla
02-07-2014, 09:59 AM
nice perching gman ..now you know where ,so put away the gulp and next time start with the hardbait..i use gulp and live baits when fishing is slow or when trying to locate fish...after that its all up sizing the the bait for me....i have never caught a halibut on sandcrabs or gulp sandworms.it dose happen.but i know the larger hardbaits give me a better shot for both the pig bsp and buts...once you hook a halibutt fishing for bsp.on hard baits you may never fish gulp again