PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Surf Fishing Tips by Dan Hernandez - Bolsa Chica

GoBlue82
05-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Hey all,

I found this YouTube video of Dan Hernandez surf fishing at Bolsa Chica State beach, CA. At 7:25 he visits Big Fish Tackle in Seal Beach, CA where they go over baits and some terminal tackle. There's advice on threading ghost shrimp and just some general good info for newbies to surf fishing such as myself. Filmed in 2003 it's advice that stands the test of time. Hope this helps some of you out. I suggest copying and pasting the below link into your browser in case you aren't directly able to click it below. Tight Lines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THjUp0d6jmA

PlasticMan
05-08-2014, 04:41 PM
IT's great advice. Bill Varney's seminars have great info as well and alot can be found on his site. Fishthesurf.com as well. He has a youtube video on some riggins'

It is nice to find a "cheat sheet" and not have to re-invent the wheel .. but you know we have to try all the time! :rats_3_13:

Plasticman

GoBlue82
05-09-2014, 08:58 AM
IT's great advice. Bill Varney's seminars have great info as well and alot can be found on his site. Fishthesurf.com as well. He has a youtube video on some riggins'

It is nice to find a "cheat sheet" and not have to re-invent the wheel .. but you know we have to try all the time! :rats_3_13:

Plasticman

I'm looking forward to attending one of BV's seminars soon. I just missed registration to his next event - I'll also be picking up his book. Now let's go re-invent that wheel.