PDA

View Full Version : High Tide

fishntoss
05-21-2014, 02:52 PM
I did search for this question but didn't find the answer, if there is one.. I thought I read somewhere that I wanted to fish on the rising tide. Maybe an hour or so before high tide??

hermes1117
07-10-2014, 12:46 PM
For example, if HIGH TIDE at 10:00 am, the best time for fishing should be around 8:00am -9:00am, and 12:00pm-1:00 pm. Not guaranteed, but almost.

crabman
07-11-2014, 06:53 PM
My favorite time to fish is about two hours before high tide to two hours after--with a couple exceptions. If I'm fishing on a beach that has not been dredged (like Santa Barbara, South Orange County and parts of San Diego) both high and low tide are good tides to fish because there is natural structure there that you don't find on beaches like Hermosa, Huntington, Newport, etc., which have been dredged. The other exception is if I'm fishing for halibut. Halibut are lazy by nature, plus because of the shape of their body they don't do well in current. So the best time to fish for them is during the peak high and peak low tides when very little water is moving...:D