PDA

View Full Version : MDR jetty secret location.

TheBigOne
10-10-2014, 05:09 PM
So I went up to Marina Del Rey around 6 am. it was sunrise still dark going on high tide so I went ahead and threw my lure AKA Rapala ShadRap SR-7 first cast wham!!!! Bonito on it put up a tough fight but now make match for these guns :rats_1_2: . Stayed for about 4 hours managed to get 6 bonito and one big mackeral biggest i have ever caught! The reason i chose this lure was to match the bait fish swimming around the jetty color wise and length wise to get them interested and not throwing my usual Sardine colored LuckyCraft 110. which was much larger. BTW my gear was 8 pound test light spinning rod 4-12 lb WrightMCgill.

Tight Lines?... Always!:rats_1_2:

PlasticMan
10-17-2014, 04:19 PM
I have a lure about that same config. Don't think its an sr-7 but I am going to have to chuck it again after that inspiration.

Thanks for the report.

Hope to get out this weekend.

Plasticman

TheBigOne
10-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Hope to see you im actually there almost every other Tuesday morning early morning at 6 am or late sunset around 5:30 pm. They are super fun to fight on light gear. Btw i also head out to the surf for hali or surf perch if non are biting at the jetty. Nice to get out and try both types of fishing :rats_1_3: