PDA

View Full Version : Marina Del Rey 11/5/2014

TheBigOne
11-05-2014, 04:49 PM
Showed up at 6 am just after sunrise high tide was 8 so I got there in the 4 hour window. Tried my kroc lure in sardine color 1/2 oz for about 30 min didnt manage any fish nor even a nibble. So far i've lost my faith in using spoons on the surf. Then I brought out the CRACK!!!! Oh yes, and like always success rate 99.9% caught 7 bsp couple of 3 inch. but managed 1 that was 6 inchs. My personal best lol. Doesn't sound like much that spot doesn't produce any big boys. PLEASE INTRODUCE OTHER SPOTS NEAR MALIBU - REDONDO. Anyways threw my rapala lure and caught 1 huge smelt. It was the xrap sxr-8 in a 4 inch sardine color great to mimic bait fish swimming around. So left around 11 bite was still hot but it was time to go. Btw there's a lot of fishing jumping out of the water near the north jetty not sure what they where but they were huge!!! About 2- 3ft long and fat boys kinda looked like croaker if anyone knows please let me know.

FishKiller
11-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Showed up at 6 am just after sunrise high tide was 8 so I got there in the 4 hour window. Tried my kroc lure in sardine color 1/2 oz for about 30 min didnt manage any fish nor even a nibble. So far i've lost my faith in using spoons on the surf. Then I brought out the CRACK!!!! Oh yes, and like always success rate 99.9% caught 7 bsp couple of 3 inch. but managed 1 that was 6 inchs. My personal best lol. Doesn't sound like much that spot doesn't produce any big boys. PLEASE INTRODUCE OTHER SPOTS NEAR MALIBU - REDONDO. Anyways threw my rapala lure and caught 1 huge smelt. It was the xrap sxr-8 in a 4 inch sardine color great to mimic bait fish swimming around. So left around 11 bite was still hot but it was time to go. Btw there's a lot of fishing jumping out of the water near the north jetty not sure what they where but they were huge!!! About 2- 3ft long and fat boys kinda looked like croaker if anyone knows please let me know.

Yeah, that Krocs are hit and miss, but when you do get a hit, it's usually a nice fish. I like throwing the 5/8 oz. OR you can also try a 3/4oz Kastmaster, gold color.

Yeah those sandworms are amazing, and I've heard that halibut also eat those things. Never know.

Did you see any bird activity in the area ?

I saw some big fish jumping around the Seal Beach jetty as well, and crabman said that they could be mullet. I threw everything at them and they just did not want to bite.

Thanks for the report. Looks like things are looking up !