PDA

View Full Version : 3/12/15 High Tide

TheBigOne
03-12-2015, 07:44 PM
I hit up the beach at 3:20, high tide was at 3:45 so I got prepped and headed down it was warm so I was sure the perch came out to play but it took a turn for the worse I spent 2 hours soaking up squid,crack (CAMO and Blood Red), Gulp Shrimp,Bloodworms, and Hammer perch grubs. I was stacked with baits and I was motivated to catch fish but I didn't even get a nibble for two hours! I hit the beach last week also on a lowtide rising hightide and got skunked. I think the fisherman in me lost his luck. I don't know if anyone is having the same problem but if anyone fishes in Socal near marina del rey please let me know of some spots. I've been skunked all winter. Hopefully I can break my streak this coming Sunday I'm heading offshore to do some rockfishing and hopefully yellowtail.

FYI would love to fish with anyone nearby.

FishKiller
03-12-2015, 08:00 PM
I hit up the beach at 3:20, high tide was at 3:45 so I got prepped and headed down it was warm so I was sure the perch came out to play but it took a turn for the worse I spent 2 hours soaking up squid,crack (CAMO and Blood Red), Gulp Shrimp,Bloodworms, and Hammer perch grubs. I was stacked with baits and I was motivated to catch fish but I didn't even get a nibble for two hours! I hit the beach last week also on a lowtide rising hightide and got skunked. I think the fisherman in me lost his luck. I don't know if anyone is having the same problem but if anyone fishes in Socal near marina del rey please let me know of some spots. I've been skunked all winter. Hopefully I can break my streak this coming Sunday I'm heading offshore to do some rockfishing and hopefully yellowtail.

FYI would love to fish with anyone nearby.

Not alone ! Report's I've read in other forums, and tackle shops have the same reports... WHERE ARE THE FISH !!! ??? It's incredible. I even heard stories that there are Sandcrabs being found, but I haven't seen any of those either. So it is a complete mystery to many of us.

All I can say is just to keep trying until the fish finally realize it is time to start ... uh breeding ? something.... ROFL ;)

I also read a report that El Nino is here, so not so sure it that has anything to do with the bite.

I know one thing though, we hit the bottom, and the only way is things will get better !

I hope to get out this week, but my son is having car problems ... so I need to get that taken care of first, then maybe I can go...

Schedule is kinda crowded this week, and also next week... ayi yi yi !

Great report though :D .. at least now I know that I haven't lost the mojo .. it's one of those seasonal strangeness ...

Now, I have heard that way North might be holding some fish. North being Ventura County, Santa Barbara ..and even as far as Avila Beach.

Who knew ???

Let's get them next time !!

MattChristie
03-12-2015, 08:04 PM
Hey BigOne. I've had the same problem between Malibu and MDR. Since the second week of January, all i've gotten were smelt and very small perch. The wife and I have been fishing Ventura the last two weeks with alot better luck in both quantity and size.

Yesterday I was working in the Pacific Palisades and decided to run down to the beach. Got there (Will Rogers Beach) right around 5:00 PM. rising tide. I think high tide was around 6:30. Caught a few smelt right away and that was it.

Not much luck in the SM bay lately, at least for me.