PDA

View Full Version : Need help with LC retrieve please

InshoreLC
05-31-2016, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone I am having no luck at all I have been skunked like 7 times now I have tried about 5 different spots in Santa Barbara and have caught nothing I am obviously doing something wrong. I need help I have read a couple people say a slow retrieve when using the lucky craft my question is how should my rod tip be? Down sideways up ? Please help me.

FishKiller
06-01-2016, 07:43 AM
Welcome InshoreLC !

Most of the time, the way I retrieve the LC is very slow, and the rod pointed to the water. Once in a while I would do a stop and go retrieve, or fast-slow-stop. I also like to "play" it in the water close to me to see how it swms. Most importantly is the area you are fishing. No matter how slow, or how fast, or how fancy the LC, if there are no fish in the area, most likely you won't get bit. I like fishing near a structure, a jetty ... deeper water ... less people ;) ...

Usually I would check when it is low tide, and visit the areas I fish in to see where are the "deeper" areas.

From what I hear, Santa Barbara is a great area to find big perch.

Oh one last note, if the LC does not work, try a swimbait 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz leadhead ... those usually work for me if they do not want to bite the LC.

Good luck on the water.

InshoreLC
06-01-2016, 11:11 AM
Welcome InshoreLC !

Most of the time, the way I retrieve the LC is very slow, and the rod pointed to the water. Once in a while I would do a stop and go retrieve, or fast-slow-stop. I also like to "play" it in the water close to me to see how it swms. Most importantly is the area you are fishing. No matter how slow, or how fast, or how fancy the LC, if there are no fish in the area, most likely you won't get bit. I like fishing near a structure, a jetty ... deeper water ... less people ;) ...

Usually I would check when it is low tide, and visit the areas I fish in to see where are the "deeper" areas.

From what I hear, Santa Barbara is a great area to find big perch.

Oh one last note, if the LC does not work, try a swimbait 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz leadhead ... those usually work for me if they do not want to bite the LC.

Good luck on the water.

Thanks for the quick reply I will be checking out a different spot today and will buy some swimbaits and give those a shot I will update you guys and let you know if I catch anything

InshoreLC
06-01-2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the quick reply I will be checking out a different spot today and will buy some swimbaits and give those a shot I will update you guys and let you know if I catch anything

Still not understanding how my rod tip should be at 12 a clock 3 a clock 6 a clock or 9 a clock please help

FishKiller
06-01-2016, 07:01 PM
Still not understanding how my rod tip should be at 12 a clock 3 a clock 6 a clock or 9 a clock please help

I usually just point the rod tip towards the water - straight out, and when I get bit, I just lift it up to set the hook, or just wind fast.

Cast out, wind in your slack line, then slow retrieve with the rod tip pointed at the lure.

tetzilla
06-01-2016, 11:15 PM
hello there..ok put down the LC..go get some Gulp sand worms ,camo,...1/4 to 1/2 oz sliding sinker.#4 or 6 hook...short cast in the white water or just beyond,drag and pop it along the sandy bottom .look for sand crab beds,,,,when you start getting bites and catch a few ,now break out the LC or kastmasters .crocks,,,try haskills beach.aka the beach behind the Bacara in goleta..also a good spot to soak a bait or chuck a lc is rincon point i like the left side rite where the rocks from the point start meeting sand...good luck.

InshoreLC
06-02-2016, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the help guys I will definitely try that place and the gulps

InshoreLC
06-02-2016, 01:13 AM
hello there..ok put down the LC..go get some Gulp sand worms ,camo,...1/4 to 1/2 oz sliding sinker.#4 or 6 hook...short cast in the white water or just beyond,drag and pop it along the sandy bottom .look for sand crab beds,,,,when you start getting bites and catch a few ,now break out the LC or kastmasters .crocks,,,try haskills beach.aka the beach behind the Bacara in goleta..also a good spot to soak a bait or chuck a lc is rincon point i like the left side rite where the rocks from the point start meeting sand...good luck.

Tetzilla man if you are ever willing to meet up and help Me out with some pointers I will gladly buy you lunch man I'm looking for all the help I can get let me know would really appreciate it