PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys consider the fish activity ?

InshoreLC
06-09-2016, 12:05 AM
So i use a website called tides4fishing and it has a section where it says fish activity low or high. Do you guys take this in consideration when you plan your fishing trips? What are the best conditions to catch fish? High tide low tide wind? Current ? I want to know i personally go out any chance i get but i was just wondering when have been your guy's best time to fish and under what water conditions. No time ever in the water is a waste of time everytime i go our i learn something new. Thanks guys

Ivanrat
06-09-2016, 12:02 PM
I also used the website mainly for solunar activity information. In my experience surf fishing I have a better chance of success in between tides. Meaning about 2 hours from peak high tide and half way of decreasing tide. I have a freestyle tide watch that I use daily to keep track of those tide changes. Water conditions I haven't come across a big difference either the fishies are hungry and biting or they are not. I would consider the water conditions more for my safety, I like to get my feet wet when I'm surf fishing. I also look at the wind conditions how much of a challenge will I have casting. Windy and rough waters means heavier sinkers, shorter leaders, etc. For wind and tide predictions I use an app on my phone called "Windfinder" it doesn't give you feeding schedule like the website you mentioned but also I look at the lunar positioning before I look at the feeding schedule.

DonP
06-09-2016, 06:48 PM
I look at tides4fishing, but still go whenever I can. If the the chart says it optimal time, I usually go to new or rarely fished areas. It has helped me find spots I might not otherwise fish. If it show a slow or bad time, I try some of my favorite spots because there is usually some structure that makes them good; trench, rocks or even jettys.
All information is great, but I still live by "any day fishing is better than working".... LOL

FishKiller
06-10-2016, 07:34 AM
I never used to pay attention to that information because I keep thinking how in the world would they know a natural occurrence coincide with the moon's location ? Anyway, I am going to spare you the time on how they figured it out, I did alot of research. Granted you are at the right place, and the right feeding time, them you are definitely's going to have a blast. But if the bait is not there, attracting the bigger predators, might have to find where the action is.