Administrator
    Rod Combos
    Garcia Revo Toro NACL60 w/Okuma Cedros Coastal Med 40 braid .......... Penn 525 Mag/Mods w/ Ocean Master 12' Heavy -40 braid SW ............ Shimano Spheros 4000 w/BSP Johnny Morris 7' med - 6lb mono
    PB Fish Species
    Leo 62" - BSP 15.75"- WSP - 5"- SFC - 0"- YFC - 15"- SNGF --
    Blog Entries
    Images

Fresh Water Bass Boat 2 Salt

My buddy from Fresno who fishes a lot of Bass Tournaments came down awhile ago and took him surf fishing. He didn't do to well and I schooled him
    Got to love that!

But he says he wants to bring his bass boat down and we could fish the harbors. I was just wondering if salt gets into a freshwater motor is there issues? I know you have to rinse it out but once salt is inside .. isn't it inside?

Or is there a special way to prevent the corrosion? He is coming down soon again. To give it another go and wants to drag his boat down.

Thanks again

Plasticman
    You Got To Put The Steel To Em'

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    Diawa DXS962MFS 9'6" Medium Action w/ a Daiwa Sweepfire 2500
    PB Fish Species
    25" Halibut 36" Blue Shark 18" Leo 32# Blue Fin The rest are not worth posting, Need to be upgraded LOL!!
    Images
    Just my opinion, but we used to take our boats out there for years, Never had any issues that I knew of before getting rid of them, but you have to flush the heck out of them. I'm not sure on the long term effect? Id be interested to hear what others have to say.
    Team Master Baiter

Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    12ft ocean master surf rod 3-6oz w/shamano bait runner 12000d w/65lb braid 8ft St.Croix heavy rod w/Abu Garcia Revo 50 Toro NaCl w/40lb braid 7ft 2in Johnny Morris med/light rod w/Penn Fierce 4000 w/6-8lb mono
    Images
    I used to be a boat owner had a 19' chaparral, mainly used it in fresh water however I did drop it in the ocean on occasion. Your buddy shouldn't have any problems as long as he washes the boat down with saltaway, can be purchased at most local marine stores. You should only need to flush the motor for 5 min or so, just don't forget about the trailer the salty water can do a number on the breaks, axle and so on. Good luck.