Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    9' Pheniox Trifecta med. action and rated for 6-12 pound test, 1/4 to 3/4 oz lures. The rod is pared with a 2500FD Shimano Sedona filled with #6 Pline mono and a #6 pound Seagar Fluorocarbon 20" leader.
    PB Fish Species
    15.25" BSP, 20" Corbina, 16" YFC, 15.25" Spotfin Croaker

Cool 6/30 Bolsa Chica

Made about a dozen or so Ghost Shrimp and a couple of razor clams this morning and headed down to BC. The surf was pretty calm and the drift was minimal. Didn't see any SC beds so just stuck with what I had. Fished two spots and only picked up three fish. (BSP all around 5-6") Caught one on a GSW, one on a Razor Clam, and one on a Ghost Shrimp. The fish didn't seem to excited about anything. Anyway it was a nice morning and I really enjoyed it. Marty

Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    Ugly stick w/ shakespear reel
    PB Fish Species
    13 BSP - 12 YFC - 0" Corbina :(
    Hey Marty do you usually fish that beach? I see a lot of people there fishing on the far side of the jetty is it pretty good most the time? I say any fish is better than no fish. And if you are using light tackle little guys are fun as well.

Well done, Dogman

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    9' Pheniox Trifecta med. action and rated for 6-12 pound test, 1/4 to 3/4 oz lures. The rod is pared with a 2500FD Shimano Sedona filled with #6 Pline mono and a #6 pound Seagar Fluorocarbon 20" leader.
    PB Fish Species
    Yes I do fish Bolsa quite a bit. It has been a little slower than usual for me this summer. A I think a couple of us are going down tomorrow and see what's going on. We might try Huntington state park. Hopefully were ever we go, we will get a little action. We have been out of town the last week, maybe things have started to pop since my return. I'll post tomorrow and let everyone know how it goes. Marty

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    Hey Marty,
    I noticed that the sand crabs are scarce too. There seems to be a lot of small crabs so we should see some bigger models in the next month or so...Good job using various baits--that always seems to be the trick to catching the big one...

Administrator
    Rod Combos
    Garcia Revo Toro NACL60 w/Okuma Cedros Coastal Med 40 braid .......... Penn 525 Mag/Mods w/ Ocean Master 12' Heavy -40 braid SW ............ Shimano Spheros 4000 w/BSP Johnny Morris 7' med - 6lb mono
    PB Fish Species
    Leo 62" - BSP 15.75"- WSP - 5"- SFC - 0"- YFC - 15"- SNGF --
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cool..

I am still working on perfecting my GS pumping. I am having a hard time finding a nice pump online or anywhere!

I was told there is a nice stainless one that makes life way easier.

Anyway Marty way to "Put the Steel to em' " Hope to see many more pictures and reports

Plasticman
    You Got To Put The Steel To Em'

Quote Originally Posted by PlasticMan View Post
    Cool..

I am still working on perfecting my GS pumping. I am having a hard time finding a nice pump online or anywhere!

I was told there is a nice stainless one that makes life way easier.

Anyway Marty way to "Put the Steel to em' " Hope to see many more pictures and reports

Plasticman
    Try SavOn Tackle in Santa Fe Springs or search Alvey Yabby pump......alvey.com

Administrator
    Rod Combos
    Garcia Revo Toro NACL60 w/Okuma Cedros Coastal Med 40 braid .......... Penn 525 Mag/Mods w/ Ocean Master 12' Heavy -40 braid SW ............ Shimano Spheros 4000 w/BSP Johnny Morris 7' med - 6lb mono
    PB Fish Species
    Leo 62" - BSP 15.75"- WSP - 5"- SFC - 0"- YFC - 15"- SNGF --
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Staph,

That is exactly what I was trying to find.

Appreciate it. I hear they work most excellent!

Plasticman
    You Got To Put The Steel To Em'

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    PB Fish Species
    I use the Alvey stainless steel pump and it really works great. It cuts my gathering time by about half. The thin walls on the pump allow you to get deeper into the sand and find more shrimp. Maui tackle in HB also sells them. Good luck.

P.s. Their not as cheap as making your own, but you have far less trouble and they work way better.