How to rig a double looper set up quick and easy and catch more fish!

WP_20140813_001.jpg
    A double looper set up is ideal for casting from the Surf and waiting for the fish to strike . This is called soaking bait .
    My preferred bait for this set up is fresh Squid from your local bait shop. Get a 1 pound bag and make sure the Squid doesn't appear to have freezer burn . The Squid should be cut up in 1/2 by 1 1/2 strips . Hook the Squid 2 times leaving the hook semi exposed so as to hook your fish easily . Re-bait your hooks every time you reel in your line . I usually throw the left over Squid away after every fishing excursion so I try and use it all up .
    I use a 11' Heavy Action rod with a spinning reel . I use 20 pound mono line and attach a hooked swivel at the end of the line .
    To the 1st hooked swivel I will place a 20 pound double looper rig which I buy at Walmart for 5.00 for a pack of 10 . At each loop I attach a Eagle Claw presneeled #6 hook which I also get from Walmart for 1.39 for 10 . I will throw these hooks away after every fishing excursion and keep the double looper rig. At the end of this rig I will place a Sputnik 4 OZ weight . I buy the Sputnik weights from Ebay for 24.00 for 8 . If you get this weight at your tackle shop they sell for 6.50 each .
    This weight has made a big difference in the amount of fish that I catch because of the way it digs into the sand . This allows you to keep your line very tight . A tight line allows you to see when the fish strike . Your goal is to cast on the back side of the waves not in front of the breakers . You may have to walk out into the surf and cast . Use a long surf rod holder to place your rod on then wait for the fish .
    This quick and easy set up will catch most fish species at the beach . Have fun !
    WP_20140727_020.jpgWP_20140811_044.jpgswivel.jpgWP_20140807_002.jpgWP_20140809_004.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VALLEYCENTERWAHOO; 08-17-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    Diawa DXS962MFS 9'6" Medium Action w/ a Daiwa Sweepfire 2500
    PB Fish Species
    25" Halibut 36" Blue Shark 18" Leo 32# Blue Fin The rest are not worth posting, Need to be upgraded LOL!!
    Images
    Dang nice description. Thanks a lot!!!
    Team Master Baiter

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    Lost all my fishing great in my last divorce 15 or 16 years ago. Will have to replace it all again. Have bass fished in Oklahoma, carp fished in Nebraska, used to like fishing Big Bear Lake, used to like the Charger out of Oxnard as it did a lot of 2 1/2 day trips, and tuna fished in Mexico on a 5 - 7 day trip. Never surf fished but want to learn. Hopefully, I may even meet someone on this forum who I might learn a bit from. Don't know why I
    Blog Entries
    Great description should I ever run across a 12 foot surf pole. Interesting read & complete information in any case.
    Thanks Jim

Dude go for the 11' foot pole . There harder to find but well worth it . Some times you have to walk out into the surf to get a longer cast and the 11 ' pole is more manageable in the water . Heavy action poles have a great snap to them too, allowing you to cast far and away from the surf line opening up a wide variety of fish for you . Have fun !

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    7' Sabre stroker/Penn Squal, Daiwa samurai rod/reel combo, Penn Battle reel/Tec Spec Elite 7'0
    Thread should have been titled, 'Where to buy pre-tied double dropper loops and price, etc.'!! You see, I'm more of a Dick's guy myself... LOL, luckily I am well endowed in that category of rigging and its one of my favorites to tie! So I will take the extra five minutes and just do it myself. I'm sure this is very good info for a beginner and even for experts as well...:-)

Kewl Bro . Use what you can out of it . Not every one can tie good knots when they start out learning how to fish or even after a couple of hours in the surf . This set up takes me 1 minute to put together on the beach . Allowing me more time to do what I love to do , Fish .
    Last edited by VALLEYCENTERWAHOO; 08-12-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    7' Sabre stroker/Penn Squal, Daiwa samurai rod/reel combo, Penn Battle reel/Tec Spec Elite 7'0

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by VALLEYCENTERWAHOO View Post
    Kewl Bro . Use what you can out of it . Not every one can tie good knots when they start out learning how to fish or even after a couple of hours in the surf . This set up takes me 1 minute to put together on the beach . Allowing me more time to do what I love to do , Fish .
    I was saying that more as a joke... I might actually have to get some pre tied.... would probably save me TONS of frustration when it's windy lol!!

As Always have fun my friends !

Def the go to set up for me as well. Especially when the family comes along so I can play with the little ones and entertain the warden while it soaks lol
    "Bendo!!!!"-Rhino