What's the secret to catching a bean?

Fellas, need some help. The beans are driving me crazy! Like the hot chick at the bar, they keep teasing me. They're everywhere in Newport and South HB. I've tried light line, fluoro, small hooks, lures, and different retrieves without even a bite. I know I'll have better luck with live bait, but the sand crabs have been pretty scarce.
    Does anybody have any advice for catching them on plastics?
    Line size, hook size, flouro, mono, bait? Any advice would be welcome.

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    PP,
    try this. Corbina feed on clams and mussel just before they disappear for the winter. Go down to the rock jetties in Newport and grab some mussel at low tide. Go back up the HB way and try that on the Carolina rig with a 6lb flouro leader and a #2 hook. I'd fish at a med to high tide. You can't miss--but go fast before the corbs are gone for winter!

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    the kind that bends
    PB Fish Species
    if it swims count me in
    Images
    Blood worms work for me, or small 3in swim baits good luck

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    the kind that bends
    PB Fish Species
    if it swims count me in
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tunamaster View Post
    Blood worms work for me, or small 3in swim baits good luck
    And hermit crabs
    We don't need no stinking casting control nob...

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    Someone told me those "beans" can see you. High tide ...outgoing and sand crabs if you can find some. Or low tide, incoming, and blood worms, lug worms, mussels, clams that's freshly harvested from the rocks and jetties, or marinas. Make sure you are aware of rules and regs when collecting bait. Game wardens will cite you if "caught" .. you can run, but you can't hide ...

Seems like you got the setup down pack...just need to go out there and let them know you mean business !!!!