Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    Surf/pier -Ugly stik bigwater combo 7' #40lb braid #20 lb mono leader / Diawa D shock with 8 lb mono / Wright Mc Gill rod and reel with 12 lb mono. / Ocean Master 12' with 20 lb mono and penn 525 reel.
    PB Fish Species
    7" Surf Perch / Corbina 0 / Halibut 0 / Croakers 0
    Images

Cool Blood worms in the Venice, MDR, SAMO area.

Is anyone familiar with the LA county area where I could purchase live blood worms or ghost shrimp to surf fish?

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigOne View Post
    Is anyone familiar with the LA county area where I could purchase live blood worms or ghost shrimp to surf fish?
    I know for sure that BigFish in Seal Beach sells live bait. Not familiar with other places north of there.

Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    Ugly stick w/ shakespear reel
    PB Fish Species
    13 BSP - 12 YFC - 0" Corbina :(
    Yeah I harvest my own. But like FishKiller says BigFish has some. By the weekend the Ghost shrimp can be a little soft.

Good luck. If you find a decent place let us know.

DM

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    Here are a couple of places in LA county that have lug worms and a few other baits:
    Ace fishing Tackle, Gardena
    Rainbow Bait, Compton
    Best Fishing, Hawthorne
    Joy Fishing, Santa Monica

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    Surf/pier -Ugly stik bigwater combo 7' #40lb braid #20 lb mono leader / Diawa D shock with 8 lb mono / Wright Mc Gill rod and reel with 12 lb mono. / Ocean Master 12' with 20 lb mono and penn 525 reel.
    PB Fish Species
    Images
    Crabman thank you so much on the feedback im hitting the surf asap!

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    PB Fish Species
    Images
    Would you recommend blood worms or lug worms?

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    Both work great. Bloodworms are quite a bit more hardy and you can catch several fish on them. Lug worms are a bit softer but you get more for less. I usually buy one of each because you can keep them long enough to go fishing two weekends in a row.