Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    Custom Shikari flyrod blanks wrapped as spinners. 10' 5wt with a Daiwa coastal 2500 loaded with 4#. Shikari 9' 6wt with a Daiwa Lexa 2000 loaded with 4#. Shikari 8' 6wt with a Daiwa Lexa 2000.
    PB Fish Species
    26" corbina 26" spotfin croaker 359# Thresher shark (local coastal on my boat) 65# White Sea Bass (local coastal on my boat) 43.7 Yellowtail (local coastal on my boat) 37.4 Halibut (local coastal on my boat)

Pre work session with Andy 11-13-14

Andy and I hit the same location we've been fishing all week. Fished it from 6:30am till 9am using sand crabs I caught on the way to picking up Andy this morning. Have made an easy 50pieces in 15 to 20 min the past 5 trips this week pre sunup. They are around fellas. Anyway we both went 1-2 on the corbs with Andy besting my 14" er with his 17"er. Nice job kiddo !!! to go with the corb action Andy managed 20 BSP while I managed 23. Some where slabs!!!! Bite was from 6:30am till 8am then it went dead, right on the bottom of the low. All fish caught on SC's with the 1/4" models acounting for all 4 corb hookups as well as most of the perch. We fished them on #8 mosquito hooks, 4# main line and 4# flouro and a 1/4 ounce slidder with a 2 1/2 foot leader. Some pics of the morning session.

Andy hooked up to a corb

Working it closer

Glory shot of Andy and his 17" corbina

Man I can see your smile thru the buff LOL!!!

Myself with a couple nice BSP

My little 14" corbina

Killer session Andy and it was a pleasure to share the sand with ya. Cant wait for the next trip !!!

Tight lines,
    B

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    So jealous on the epic fishing !!!

Oh yeah ! Sandcrabs ??? I don't know where you're looking, but I have still to find any wherever I walk. Always looking, and all I see are the "V" of the crushed sea shells on the seashore . Anyways, I keep looking. Fishing buddy and neighbor will be by Brookhurst and PCH tomorrow.

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    Great fishing guys and what a beautiful day!

Amazing to see that nice size corb that Andy caught. They are still around and stalking us now!

Thanks Behdad for the report and recon! Nice slab perch too....life's good!

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    Custom Shikari flyrod blanks wrapped as spinners. 10' 5wt with a Daiwa coastal 2500 loaded with 4#. Shikari 9' 6wt with a Daiwa Lexa 2000 loaded with 4#. Shikari 8' 6wt with a Daiwa Lexa 2000.
    PB Fish Species
    26" corbina 26" spotfin croaker 359# Thresher shark (local coastal on my boat) 65# White Sea Bass (local coastal on my boat) 43.7 Yellowtail (local coastal on my boat) 37.4 Halibut (local coastal on my boat)
    Thanks guys. Can believe how many fish we caught out of the couple holes there. Also there where a couple monster corbs there earlier in the week. Saw one that was so thick I swore it was a spotfin but the pec fin and tail colors gave it away as a corbina. hopefully the weather holds and with better tides the fish will return.

Fishkiller, I've been doing 90% better raking my sandcrabs before the sun comes up and also doing better on the low to medium tides. High has been terrible for bait making, at least for me. Low tide is also where I normally look for them in the winter as the water temps, air temps drop and especially after rains. They'll be deeper in the sand too and usually not visible to the eye. Try around the rock jetties and also under wooden piers. For some reason they just dont hang out around the concrete pylon piers like they do the wooden pylon piers. Crazy as it sounds we spend almost as much time running around pumping GS and raking SC's on the prime tides as we do using the bait on the fish. Aint easy but nothing worth doing is
    Last edited by UnReel; 11-15-2014 at 06:27 PM.