Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    8'6 medium-heavy shimano clarus rod& Penn spinnfisher 4500
    PB Fish Species
    calico bass=19 inch barred surf perch=15.5 inches lyncod=24 inches halibut=25 inches opalleye=20 inches

surf fishing frenzy

Hey there fellow surf fisherman. I just wanted to give a report on surf fishing in vc. So i went fishing at 2:30pm in the afternoon and left at 3:40 pm. I caught 25 surf perch and a 12 inch yellowfin croaker.I only took 8 surf perch home all ranging from 11-14 inches. The rest were released to become bigger.The bigger surf perch are arriving so fishing should get better.

Sorry for no pics but im a new member and dont know how to post pics yet but ill figure it out.

Wow, that sounds like some good fishing. Wish I was not so far away so I could give it a try. As for the pictures it is not too hard too do, I think there is a thread on how to do it. Welcome to the site and good fishing, Vern.

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    the kind that bends
    PB Fish Species
    if it swims count me in
    Images
    And I got to work today, keep us informed

Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    Shimano Sienna SN2500FD Shimano CVS86M2B Convergence 8'6"
    PB Fish Species
    13" Barred Surf Perch 9" Walleye Surf Perch 15" Jacksmelt
    Images
    I had a similar day on Saturday, went out to Mandalay State Beach off 5th street in Oxnard. Caught 20+ surf perch but they were all pretty small, none worth taking home or picture worthy. I did get one decent sized male that leaked his white fluid everywhere, wasn't sure if he was happy to see me or it's just that time of year ha ha I tossed him back so he could finish his business.

Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    8'6 medium-heavy shimano clarus rod& Penn spinnfisher 4500
    PB Fish Species
    calico bass=19 inch barred surf perch=15.5 inches lyncod=24 inches halibut=25 inches opalleye=20 inches
    All the perch caught were good size the smaller ones were around 9 inches long.I'm gonna go surf fishing again tomorrow so expect another fish report.