Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    Lots of medium tuna , troll gear . a few ugly sticks 8 ft roller guide parabolic rod older abu reel 8.6 jig stick with a smaller newell 7 foot diawa spin stick , with older abu garcia reel a few newels 5.5 , 235 , some old accurate side plate frame kit reels

Back at the bay after 20 yrs

Last summer I thought about selling all my gear , mostly medium tuna troll and jig sticks . It didn't happen , bought a fishing license and found an old 8' Diawa graphite rod in the garage with an abu reel .
    20 year old swim baits in a plastic box . I fished the mission bay jetty / surf , getting my casting timing back , enjoying being by the sea . Caught a few short SB and watched the sunrise .
    Really a great day as the catching is only part of it .

I may try my old shrimp slurper or scent on the swim baits . A great day away from the TV and internet .

Administrator
    Rod Combos
    Garcia Revo Toro NACL60 w/Okuma Cedros Coastal Med 40 braid .......... Penn 525 Mag/Mods w/ Ocean Master 12' Heavy -40 braid SW ............ Shimano Spheros 4000 w/BSP Johnny Morris 7' med - 6lb mono
    PB Fish Species
    Leo 62" - BSP 15.75"- WSP - 5"- SFC - 0"- YFC - 15"- SNGF --
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Now your Talkng!

Cool thing is all that "old gear" still works great. Only so many ways you can build the wheel!

Glad to have you and thanks for the update Heli-Tech.

Plasticman
    You Got To Put The Steel To Em'

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heli-tech View Post
    Last summer I thought about selling all my gear , mostly medium tuna troll and jig sticks . It didn't happen , bought a fishing license and found an old 8' Diawa graphite rod in the garage with an abu reel .
    20 year old swim baits in a plastic box . I fished the mission bay jetty / surf , getting my casting timing back , enjoying being by the sea . Caught a few short SB and watched the sunrise .
    Really a great day as the catching is only part of it .

I may try my old shrimp slurper or scent on the swim baits . A great day away from the TV and internet .
    Wow ! 20 years !!! Well you are definitely in the area where the fish are at so I'm looking forward to reading your reports !

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    9' Pheniox Trifecta med. action and rated for 6-12 pound test, 1/4 to 3/4 oz lures. The rod is pared with a 2500FD Shimano Sedona filled with #6 Pline mono and a #6 pound Seagar Fluorocarbon 20" leader.
    PB Fish Species
    15.25" BSP, 20" Corbina, 16" YFC, 15.25" Spotfin Croaker
    Welcome to the site. Look forward to many more reports from the bay!
    Semper fi