Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    St. Croix Triumph Surf Spinning Rods Model: TSRS90M2 (9' 0", M, 2 pc.) paired with Ecooda CZS Freshwater/Sal​twater Fishing Deluxe Spinning Reel, 10/270, Left/Right (great combo and the pole really gets the jigs past the surf line).

Heading to Cabo for 5 days

image.jpgStaying 5 days near Monuments Beach/Misiones Del Cabo area. The wife is allowing me to hit the surf everyday. Hoping to have great video and pics next week.

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    You lucky dog! Wish I could come with you. Great fishing this time of year for sierra. If you need a guide look up "cabo surfcaster" on facebook. Wesley Brough is a great surf fisherman and will pick you up in Cabo and take you to some insane beaches. Also, fish the San Jose Del Cabo Harbor on the east side near the swimmers beach. Very good there this time of year using Krocodiles, lucky craft, Rapallas and Kastmasters for sierra, rooster fish, rays, jack and pompano.

Let us know how you do!

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    St. Croix Triumph Surf Spinning Rods Model: TSRS90M2 (9' 0", M, 2 pc.) paired with Ecooda CZS Freshwater/Sal​twater Fishing Deluxe Spinning Reel, 10/270, Left/Right (great combo and the pole really gets the jigs past the surf line).
    Thanks! Hoping for some good luck.

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    9' Pheniox Trifecta med. action and rated for 6-12 pound test, 1/4 to 3/4 oz lures. The rod is pared with a 2500FD Shimano Sedona filled with #6 Pline mono and a #6 pound Seagar Fluorocarbon 20" leader.
    PB Fish Species
    15.25" BSP, 20" Corbina, 16" YFC, 15.25" Spotfin Croaker
    One of my favorite places for sure. Have a great trip and let us know how you do!
    Semper fi

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    Sad to say that I came up empty. That being said, I may as well report on my adventure. We stayed at a private home called the Jimmy Page Villa (http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationR...alifornia.html). This villa is located about 5 minutes from the Cabo Marina and is located on a semi-private beach. I awakened on the 2nd morning (wife refused to let me fish on the 1st day, lol) and saw some locals fishing from a rock formation which I could see from our balcony. I made my down there and began to cast the variuos jigs/lures that I brought. The water was clear but shallow and the bottom was extremely rocky. Wound up losing nearly all of my castables in a short period of time before breaking my travel pole (OKUMA BY THE WAY-never again), even though I had only 12lb test rigged. That being said, I was pretty demorolized but I made my way down to Jensen's Inshore Tackle near the cabo marina. The guy behind he counter was AWESOME!!! I was so afraid that i would not find a reasonably priced pole but he sold me a $26 dollar 7' surf casting pole. He also gave me expert advise based upon where I was fishing from. When I told him, he immediately told me that the rocky bottom required heavier line (20lb test with 60lb leader). He also recommended some castables for the local waters. I walked out of Jensen's locked and loaded for the next morning. Unfortunately, the weather changed that evening. Rain blew in and it rained for our remaining 2 days. I looked towards the rocks often but each time the waves where washing over the rocks that I fished from. I attempted to get down there when the rained let up but the waves nearly dragged me into the Sea of Cortez. Ultimately, I gave up and reserved myself to come back another time. That being said, we all know that's how fishing goes so no complaints. I regret that I don't have any trophy pics to post but her are a couple of pics from the trip:

FISHING ON ROCKS.JPGGOPR0732.JPGGOPR0742.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    Great report fish or not! Jensens is a great shop. It's loaded with just about everything you could ever need for the surf. Fishing up the beach to the East of where you stayed can be very good on both sides of the Los Cabos Marina.

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    At least you got to fish !!! What I would give just to make a first cast into those waters, cause you never know if you gonna catch something epic. You were definitely at the right place. I hate to say that's why it's called fishing and not catching. Sometimes, we get 'em and sometimes the elements go against us. Glad to see your report ! When are you going back ?

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    Thanks fellas. I hope to get back there in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by domecenterchiropractic View Post
    Thanks fellas. I hope to get back there in the summer.
    Take me with you??? LOL. That is a nice view from the house ,I would love to go fishing down there. Bummer about the fish, but you did fish, I don't know if my wife would let me. Thanks for the pictures they were great