Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images

No Leo's yet ???

Thinking of doing this Monday at Sunset, or do some walking. Decisions decisions, decisions.

Plan is to catch some perch and use it for bait.... but I also want to cover alot of area soo ... that means lot of walking and carrying and walking some more... and hopefully some fighting.

Planning Anderson or Warner ...

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    St. Croix Triumph Surf Spinning Rods Model: TSRS90M2 (9' 0", M, 2 pc.) paired with Ecooda CZS Freshwater/Sal​twater Fishing Deluxe Spinning Reel, 10/270, Left/Right (great combo and the pole really gets the jigs past the surf line).
    No sure what time of year they are biting but the last Leo that I landed was at Seal Beach last summer. caught him on a half of a frozen shrimp. They're a nice fight.

I've been catching some small ones. Mostly in Malibu, I have been consistently trying to get a Leo or a fat bat ray from shore. I am in need of a big fight. I have been using perch heads, big squid, and even fresh mackerel. I'm using 120lb mono leader on a 40lb mainline with a 6oz egg sinker and 7/O hook. That should get em, right??

Administrator
    Rod Combos
    Garcia Revo Toro NACL60 w/Okuma Cedros Coastal Med 40 braid .......... Penn 525 Mag/Mods w/ Ocean Master 12' Heavy -40 braid SW ............ Shimano Spheros 4000 w/BSP Johnny Morris 7' med - 6lb mono
    PB Fish Species
    Leo 62" - BSP 15.75"- WSP - 5"- SFC - 0"- YFC - 15"- SNGF --
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Glandazuri89 View Post
    I've been catching some small ones. Mostly in Malibu, I have been consistently trying to get a Leo or a fat bat ray from shore. I am in need of a big fight. I have been using perch heads, big squid, and even fresh mackerel. I'm using 120lb mono leader on a 40lb mainline with a 6oz egg sinker and 7/O hook. That should get em, right??

Yup they like all that stuff. I am going to try FREE Spooling live perch this year. No weights. Bill told me it is the way. So I am going to give it a shot. I did good last year on baby octopus from the asian fish market. I was focusing around the jetties and rock formations.

Good luck and let us see that big 56" Leo!
    You Got To Put The Steel To Em'

I beached a 3' LEO two weeks ago up at Golita beach in SB county. I was fishing for BSP using a larger sand crab and hooked up. Funny thing is I was using a #6 mosquito hook and a 10# mono leader and he stayed on...even with him jumping 3 times

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LompocFishin View Post
    I beached a 3' LEO two weeks ago up at Golita beach in SB county. I was fishing for BSP using a larger sand crab and hooked up. Funny thing is I was using a #6 mosquito hook and a 10# mono leader and he stayed on...even with him jumping 3 times

GOOD LORD !!!! I would say that is pretty amazing !!!