Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    St. Croix Triumph Surf Spinning Rods Model: TSRS90M2 (9' 0", M, 2 pc.) paired with Ecooda CZS Freshwater/Sal​twater Fishing Deluxe Spinning Reel, 10/270, Left/Right (great combo and the pole really gets the jigs past the surf line).

Memorial day weekend fishing off san pedro

I took a small boat off San Pedro last weekend. Dropped a strip of frozen squid on a bucktail to the bottom(about 90 feet) with 40lb mono and a 6 oz sinker. Cranked the reel a few times to get the bait off the bottom and wham!!!! Hooked couple of nice rockfish and something that resembled a short calico bass. I fished the bottom for about an hour and hooked up each time. After catching a releasing these fish, I began casting a variety of surface jigs, with not smuch as a bite. All and all, not a bad day for a litttle lite coastal action.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    St. Croix Triumph Surf Spinning Rods Model: TSRS90M2 (9' 0", M, 2 pc.) paired with Ecooda CZS Freshwater/Sal​twater Fishing Deluxe Spinning Reel, 10/270, Left/Right (great combo and the pole really gets the jigs past the surf line).
    Not sure how, but the same 3 pics were posted over again. Must have mad a mistake while editing and choosing the pics. lol!

Beach Brother
    PB Fish Species
    14" BSP, 29" Halibut, 26" Corbina, 16" Sargo, 20" Calico, 22" YF Croaker, 22" Striped Bass
    Hey Dome, that might be a copper rockfish (chucklehead)

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    He put up a nice fight.