Thread: Mdr 5-30-15

Beach Brother
    PB Fish Species
    14" BSP, 29" Halibut, 26" Corbina, 16" Sargo, 20" Calico, 22" YF Croaker, 22" Striped Bass

Mdr 5-30-15

Got out for a couple hours yesterday. Wanted to see if I could catch any of these corbina I've been seeing in the water. It was high tide going low. There were millions of micro sandcrabs but too small for a hook. Only saw a few corbina and again, they didn't want what I had to offer. I did find a little school of bsp and landed 4 in about 10 minutes using camo sandworms. Tried several colors of kaelin grubs, red and camo sandworms, and some old lug worms that Jeannie Wiley was throwing out, but didn't catch anything other than the bsp. The perch were all about 6 or 7 inches and were the first halfway decent perch I've caught in the SM bay in a while.

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    Ahhh ! The elusive Corbina on the show and no go again .. don't they just drive you crazy !! LOL

Hopefully if everything is a go for me tomorrow .. I can put out a report when I get back... Always will be around Sunset or Seal Beach. It's there or bust for me... Not much on the gas money for the budget. Gotta watch every expense.

Man, I can't wait to catch some perch .. or smelt.. or whatever would like to play !! I'm having withdrawals !

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    You know Matt, it's amazing the corbina feed on those small micro crabs. If there was just some way to use them. I've seen corbs in Newport sit in the corner where the sand meets the jetty and just inhale loads of micro crabs as there are pushed in and out by the wave action. The only luck I've had is by using a three inch piece of lug or blood worm and then tipping the hook with one or two micro crabs. Boy, that's a lot of work!