Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries

Cool Newport Beach Strikes Again!

Did not have time this week to go down and try to find some ghost shrimp. Tried buying some at Big Fish in Seal Beach but storms up north kept them from being delivered down here. Picked up a couple of bloodworms and made my way down to the beach to catch some crabs.

Got to the beach the next day just around sunrise and made my way across the sand. Newport Beach is a good spot this time of year if the swell isn’t too big. Today looked like it had some promise.

After getting snagged and broken off on our first set of casts both Ken and I had to retie. While I was getting my gear ready Ken found this….

Seemed a bit disappointed that he was a day late and—well you know what!

Walked between several jetties until we finally got a bite. Ken and I hooked into a few small barred perch. We were afraid that the warm water had scared them away but they were here.

Then came some good bites on big walleye—ok, big like jumbo shrimp big…

WALLEYE 2.jpg

Then I hooked into a nice 20” inch halibut on the bloodworm…

Ken kicks in a nice 15” perch…

Then finishes off the day on the beach with a corbina…

Took a few minutes and moved into the bay with our last baits and caught a few spotties—great fighting little fish!

Great day on the beach and in the bay. I’m a little nervous about the two hurricanes coming up the coast now as they may bring some huge surf. Warm, clear water for sure but we will have to wait and see about the surf.

If you want a great site for checking out hurricanes off Baja check out www.eebmike.com.

Good fishing and have some darn fun out there!

Bill

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    9' Pheniox Trifecta med. action and rated for 6-12 pound test, 1/4 to 3/4 oz lures. The rod is pared with a 2500FD Shimano Sedona filled with #6 Pline mono and a #6 pound Seagar Fluorocarbon 20" leader.
    PB Fish Species
    15.25" BSP, 20" Corbina, 16" YFC, 15.25" Spotfin Croaker
    Nice report Crabman, wish i could find good sand crabs like those. I have been searching Bolse Chica and they are far and few between.
    Semper fi

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    bb,
    Try up the coast in front of that box restaurant...

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    9' Pheniox Trifecta med. action and rated for 6-12 pound test, 1/4 to 3/4 oz lures. The rod is pared with a 2500FD Shimano Sedona filled with #6 Pline mono and a #6 pound Seagar Fluorocarbon 20" leader.
    PB Fish Species
    15.25" BSP, 20" Corbina, 16" YFC, 15.25" Spotfin Croaker
    Thanks, will give it a go.
    Semper fi

Nice Double D Pink Fin Croaker!!