Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries

Smile It's been too long...

I've been away fishing so much I've not been able to post. What a terrible problem!

Thanks to everyone who came to both our Oceanside and Bolsa Chica on-the-beach clinics. What a great time and good fishing. The Oceanside seminar was held the day before father's day. There were quite a few father and son's on hand making memories to remember. Here are a couple of them...

OCEANSIDE SEMINAR 2015 PERCH.jpg

We had a great crowd inside Turners for the off-the-beach part...

Here is the great group of folks from the Turner's San Marcos store that helped us...

OCEANSIDE SEMINAR 2015 GROUP.jpg

In between seminars we picked up some bait, including a few pelagic crabs and made our way to Huntington Beach

Caught a feisty stingray to start the day...
    STING RAY.jpg

A surf mac ready to be used for yellowtail bait!

Followed by a bunch of little perch...
    PERCH.jpg

Finally hooked into a fighter, ok mini fighter with this feisty corbina...

Rebaited with a fresh bucket of bait and went back the next morning--was there to see UNREEL in all their glory...
    BAIT 6 15.jpg

After a few tries with no bites the tide seemed to crest and begin to recede. On my next cast tossed out a ghost shrimp and hooked into three of these. This was the biggest--by far

Great two weeks of fishing and getting better everyday. I have not seen so many corbina around since the last el nino we had. Back in the 1998 el nino it was a corb every cast--you could bet on it--sure hope it happens again!

Bill

Surf Ninja
    Rod Combos
    the kind that bends
    PB Fish Species
    if it swims count me in
    Images
    Thanks Bill
    What did you get with the red crab?
    Last edited by tunamaster; 07-06-2015 at 11:49 AM.
    We don't need no stinking casting control nob...

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    I was fishing near Newland and PCH in Huntington Beach. We had ghost shrimp, crabs, worms. A guy came up to me and told me they had been doing great and had caught several 15" perch. I asked him what he was using for bait and he pointed to the crabs on the sand and said "those". I pinned one on, cast it out and got an instant bite. We had a great day for some nice perch using the crab. Went back a few days later to try again and they were gone... Wa, wa, wa!