Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    Penn Fierce 3000 Combo, 7' 0", 6 lb Ande pink mono; Cousins Bill Varney Surf-Series, 8'5", Shimano Sedona 2500, 6 lb Ande pink mono

General Questions for Crabman

Bill - a few scattered questions: 1.) when will the signups post for the Fred Hall seminars? 2.) how would you adjust your strategy for a "flat-ish" type beach like Torrey Pines where the troughs always seem to be fairly mild (no clear deep troughs) - would you just fan cast up an down the beach towards Black's, assuming you weren't fishing the estuary opening? and finally 3.) what are your 'go-to' knots for the basic Carolina rig (line to swivel and then swivel to hook)? Thanks - lots of random questions here but would appreciate any feedback.

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    Hey Centura,
    Thanks for the questions! 1. Each of the daily seminars need no sign up. The times are not set yet but they will be held upstairs (near the West entrance). Our booth will be near the center of the main floor near the Cousins area. On Thursday, before the show, there will be a special seminar where we will be covering both bait and lure surf fishing along with a great many giveaways. Your entrance fee includes the show fee and those in attendance will have a special "back door" for getting into the show.

2. Yes, for TP that's exactly what I'd do. In winter, between storms, the troughs can be very small. It's amazing how fish can find such a small depression but this is where they will hang out waiting to feed. I like to go down there at low tide and line the small troughs/holes up with something permanent then come back at high tide line my self up and fish there.

3. The best knot to use is the one you are most familiar with and that works for you. With that said I always use the improved clinch knot and then a snell knot on my hooks. More important than anything is testing your knots (by grabbing the line on each side of the knot and pulling it against your chest) to see if they break and having super sharp hooks.

Thanks for the questions--awesome stuff!
    BILL'S CALICO PERCH.jpg

Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    Penn Fierce 3000 Combo, 7' 0", 6 lb Ande pink mono; Cousins Bill Varney Surf-Series, 8'5", Shimano Sedona 2500, 6 lb Ande pink mono
    Thanks Bill for the great information!