Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    Shimano Sienna SN2500FD Shimano CVS86M2B Convergence 8'6"
    PB Fish Species
    13" Barred Surf Perch 9" Walleye Surf Perch 15" Jacksmelt
    Images

VAVCI 5th Annual Fishing Derby

VISAYAN ASSOCIATION of Ventura County presents it's 5th annual FISHING DERBY! Proceeds to benefit FOOD SHARE VENTURA COUNTY.
    The derby is open to the general public of all ages and will talke place on September 3, 2016, where anyone can legally fish without a California State fishing license. Food and Drink will be provided as part of the entry fee. There will also be a weigh in contest for prizes to all participants. Please come and support this great cause!!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/vavci-5...aff=erelexpmlt

Administrator
    Rod Combos
    Garcia Revo Toro NACL60 w/Okuma Cedros Coastal Med 40 braid .......... Penn 525 Mag/Mods w/ Ocean Master 12' Heavy -40 braid SW ............ Shimano Spheros 4000 w/BSP Johnny Morris 7' med - 6lb mono
    PB Fish Species
    Leo 62" - BSP 15.75"- WSP - 5"- SFC - 0"- YFC - 15"- SNGF --
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great Cause!

Hopefully the turnout will be fantastic. Making this a sticky!
    You Got To Put The Steel To Em'

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    7' Sabre stroker/Penn Squal, Daiwa samurai rod/reel combo, Penn Battle reel/Tec Spec Elite 7'0
    Was kinda wondering how it turned out this year....? I remember last year and the...'shenanigans' that took place and told myself, never again. Anyone got any info??
    WES

Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    PB Fish Species
    Images
    I went out and caught nothing but salad, it was all up and down the beach that day along with the high surf it was causing everyone problems. I didn't make it out last year so I'm not sure what shenanigans took place haha
    The guy who won 1st place came in with around 160" and completely blew everyone out of the water, I think 2nd place was around 70". If I remember correctly the guy who took 1st was out in a kayak somewhere near SB, other than that everyone I talked to had a pretty slow day.

Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    PB Fish Species
    Images
    Scratch that I was thinking of the "No Motors Tournament" where the guy won with 160", don't recall who won the VAVCI tourney I think I left early that day.