Fish Report - Bolsa Chica 3/25/2017

A buddy and I went fishing to hit the hight tide at the cliffs between dog beach and Bolsa Chica. Hight tide was at 7:36 and we fished from 5am to 8:30 am. We started at the first parking lot at dog beach and fan casted our way to the Jetty. I was using a Gulp Sand Worm on a 36 inch Carolina rig with a .5 ounce sinker. My Buddy was using the same rig but was using raw unshelled shrimp. We didn't get any hits until we got to the jetty, but we started fishing off the Jetty casting South towards the pier. On the first cast I hooked up into a small Corbina, only about 14 inches long that was released. My buddies first catch hooked up on a decent sized perch, about 10 inches long that was pregnant. That was all we caught and had no other bites while out. Overall though, not a bad way to spend a Saturday.

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdvarnold View Post
    A buddy and I went fishing to hit the hight tide at the cliffs between dog beach and Bolsa Chica. Hight tide was at 7:36 and we fished from 5am to 8:30 am. We started at the first parking lot at dog beach and fan casted our way to the Jetty. I was using a Gulp Sand Worm on a 36 inch Carolina rig with a .5 ounce sinker. My Buddy was using the same rig but was using raw unshelled shrimp. We didn't get any hits until we got to the jetty, but we started fishing off the Jetty casting South towards the pier. On the first cast I hooked up into a small Corbina, only about 14 inches long that was released. My buddies first catch hooked up on a decent sized perch, about 10 inches long that was pregnant. That was all we caught and had no other bites while out. Overall though, not a bad way to spend a Saturday.
    Wooooo !!! sounds like you had great time, and a good exercise ! It's just nice to be out there with the elements. Every cast expecting a nibble, a bite, then a swing.. I wish I could do the same. Take some photos next time =)

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    That's always a good way to spend a Saturday or any day for that matter! Thank you for the great report...