Thread: Alamitos Bay

Alamitos Bay

Hi new guy here , I got stopped Long Beach marine police while fishing bay last night . Got treated as a criminal and made sit on the ground . I am 60yr old man with real bad back . They never asked for my license >> do note last week DFG << asked to see my license I even have a second rod stamp and was fishing this same area . Police guy told me I couldn't be out here after 10 , them told me I could not fish anywhere in bay . I have lived in Long Beach since 1963 , I have fished this bay as a kid now a much older adult . I fish from docks the beach and from my boat >> I have a 20ft boat << but don't break it out just too hit the bay for a couple hours of fishing . I see other guys out here at night or evenings fishing all the time . I read a blurb some place about court case for this very thing . Guy won in court as judge said law was not enforceable. Does anyone know anything about this ruling .

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    All Penn reels. Tica and Tsunami rods.
    PB Fish Species
    Striped Bass-20 lbs. Tuna- 47 lbs. King Salmon- 36 lbs. Brown Trout- 13 lbs. Steelhead- 12 lbs. Mahi - 39- lbs.
    Images
    This is very interesting please let us know what you find out. Thanks.
    The measure of a fisherman is not in the size of the catch but in the size of the desire to repeat the adventure.

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    Did you get their badge number ? You might have a valid complaint. Only thing I am thinking is the LEO did not bust you for fishing, but for being there after hours. Did you see any signs that say "closed after 10 p.m. of that nature ? if you did not see any signs visible, you have a case to fight it. I remember we used to be able to stay around huntington beach until 2 a.m., but they've changed that law that no one is allowed after 10 p.m.