How to target Leopard Sharks?

Hey everyone, Ill be in Carpinteria for a week during September and I'm dying to catch myself a nice leopard shark! Any tips on baits or setups or anything at all would be great! I have a surf rod and nice reel, sorry I don't remember the brands and models. I also would not mind to catch large shovel nose sharks or bat rays, anything that puts up a decent fight would keep me happy!

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rod Combos
    Rainshadow crank bait 7'6" 8-14 lbs with Curado 200E7, Curado 200E7, Clarus CRCD70M
    PB Fish Species
    20" Corbina, YFC 14.5", 13" BSP, 14" Spotfin, Sandbass 20" 21.5" Halibut on the surrf.
    Images
    I have not hunted sharks. I usually just go after halibut...and the occasional bycatch, perch, yellowfin croaker. I have seen people use freshly caught fish, i.e. perch as bait. Also I've "heard" fresh mackerel works really good. And if you cannot get a hold of those bait, frozen squid also works.

For setup, you would need something that could handle up to 30lbs ? or greater. You would also need a Rod holder spike, because shark fishing is all about waiting. I would use a good 4oz pyramid sinker so your bait stays in the zone.

You also want to rig up with a wire leader... and most of all, see if you find videos of how to land a shark. This is the most dangerous part where the shark will bite in order to protect itself. Careful out there.

And make sure you post pictures, and give a report of your adventures.