Thread: 2/11 Report

2/11 Report

Fished Santa Barbara the morning on the incoming tide.

Tide
    3:46 am low tide ( 1.0 ft. )
    9:56 am high tide ( 5.2 ft. )

I fished from about 7:30 A.M. to 8:15 A.M. So the water (tide) was in the 4 to 5 ft range.
    The water was clean and blue after being dirty in a lot of spots yesterday. There was a minimal amount of salad with infrequent 2-3 ft sets. Air temp was 44 and water felt 58 or so.

Fished the LC aurora black with red gills and 2 hooks. Got a nice one on the second cast and was joined by a dude who was drinking Old English 800's. This guy made himself comfortable and did a play by play for the next 40 mins. Normally I would have left or told the guy to shut the hell up, but this guy was cracking me up. He said he grew up in Florida and fished all his life. He ended up being more than tolerable and added to the trip.

Ended up with 5 in the 11 to 13 inch range with long pauses inbetween each fish.

13 inch slab.jpg

Beach Brother
    Rod Combos
    8 ft tru-line spinning.3000 size diawa. 6.5 ft calstar spinning 2000 size pen, 10 ft calstar small newlll bait casting..also my jig stick,wth a tranx, okuma traval rod with bait caster for hard baits and krocks
    PB Fish Species
    134 lb bluefiin tuna 60 lb albacore 56 lb white seabass
    sweet always like to see people in the 805 throwing lc"s in the surf...old english guy? fishing the pit?? east beach?