Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's The Tide!

Water Swatter
    Rod Combos
    12ft ocean master surf rod 3-6oz w/shamano bait runner 12000d w/65lb braid 8ft St.Croix heavy rod w/Abu Garcia Revo 50 Toro NaCl w/40lb braid 7ft 2in Johnny Morris med/light rod w/Penn Fierce 4000 w/6-8lb mono
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy's Ghost View Post
    Went to the Hyatt Bridge in H.B. last Saturday on a peaked tide - just heading down. 3-5 foot surf. Rough. But that wasn't the half of it - the North to South side-current was like the Colorado River! 50 feet per minute. My 1 oz egg-sinker never stood a chance. Not fun. Not even a bump. Went to the pier to throw down the line - to finish my Skunk-o-rama of a day. Didn't bother Sunday.

Mac.
    I hear that went south to San Clemente on Sunday tried the light rods and nothing, so through out the big stick with a 3 Oz weight and
    minutes it was 50yrds to the south on the beach. That's not how I usually like to fish the surf...

Rod Combos
    Cousins 9' Bill Varney Surf Series Rod, Shimano 2500 Sedona spinning reel loaded with 6lb pink Ande mono...
    PB Fish Species
    28" corbina, 13.25" calico surfperch, 16" barred surfperch, 17.75" pile perch, 18lb halibut, 29" yel
    Blog Entries
    It's hard to fish when there is that much current. Funny to think how fast your 3oz sinker was moving. Can't imagine how fast the fish are moving! I'm like you, I have to go fishing so on days like that I try to find some rocks, jetty, etc. to fish behind where the current is not so strong. Normally the fish think the same way!

Last edited by Duffy's Ghost; 01-29-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12